11th July 2023
Why choose us?
We know and care for local children who cannot live at home at the moment. Children tell us and research shows that children do best if they live locally with foster carers whilst their family is supported to make the changes needed so they can go home
- We know we can support children and foster carers better if they are close to our placement teams
- The needs of the children we place drives everything we do
- We are a not for profit organisation
- We are local - this means we can support local children and local families in a local setting
- We offer excellent training and ongoing support
- We always place children with our own carers first, we only use commercial agencies if we can't place children through our registered carers
- Commercial foster care agencies don't always differentiate between the fees they pay their foster carers and the allowances which are for the child in care - we do!
- Our foster families are important to us so we organise regular social events including pantomime, beach outings, BBQ, Christmas party and Children who Foster events